The "Temple of the Winds" rotunda is located north west of the kiosk and was constructed in 1873 under Bickford’s curatorship. The building consists of a domed concrete roof supported by ten Corinthian columns. The temple was erected by Thomas Julian and Co. at a cost of £275. It is very similar in conception to the "Temple of the Winds" dedicated to Governor LaTrobe and erected by William Guilfoyle in the Botanical Gardens. Both temples are composed at 10 columns instead of the normal 8 or 12 which are more easily divisible by the four points of the compass.