Old Bandstand

Click on image to enlarge

In the Fitzroy Gardens stand two very ancient structures in close proximity to one another. Adjacent to the Gipps Street entrance to the Gardens, the old, square "Bandstand" is of Corinthian design and enclosed by a low iron fence. It was designed and erected by George Dodd in 1864 at a cost of 322 pounds.